Never heard of such thing before, but a foodie is never restricted by boundaries right? :D
I wouldn't mind trying this dessert, if it looked as glorious as this one!
- 2 ripe avocado
- 180g gula malaka, chopped (you can also use dark brown sugar)
- 4 egg yolks
- 250 ml milk
- 500 ml coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
1) Heat the milk, salt and gula malaka gently in a saucepan until it's come to a bare simmer. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg yolks. Then gradually pour some of the milk into the yolks, whisking constantly as you pour. Scrape the warmed yolks and milk back into the saucepan.
2) Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom with a heat-resistant spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula. Stir in the vanilla extract and leave till cool and refrigerated overnight to chill.
3) In a blender, whizz the avocado together with the coconut cream. Mix in the custard. Pour the mixture into ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4) Serve with gula syrup and toasted coconut.