Chocolate Filled Churro Lava Cakes!
Got dammit, churros are amazing, and I can't believe that churro lava cakes are even a freaking thing! It's like the lord was like...hey let's create something that NOBODY would refuse. At the moment "diet" does not exist in my vocabulary right now because churro lava cakes. That's why.
These beautiful things are little churro cakes filled with rich chocolate ganache. Yummm.
This recipe was made possible by Cafe Delites! They are known for making "indulgent, waistline friendly recipes that are full of flavour." These are definitely full of flavor!
Check out the recipe: What You'll Need:
4 oz block chocolate of choice ¼ cup canned lite coconut milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour 1 tablespoon white sugar ¼ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon baking powder 4 tablespoons light butter 1 large egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract ½ cup low fat milk
1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice, melted ¼ cup sugar of choice 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon How To Make It: 1) First make the ganache. Break up the chocolate block. Combine the chocolate and coconut milk together a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again for a further 20-30 seconds until cream is hot. Stir again, mixing and mix well. Once ganache is creamy, stir in vanilla extract. Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
2) Once Ganache has set, preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 8 small ramekins (to fit ¼ cup of batter) or a 12-count muffin tray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
4) Remove ganache from the fridge; spoon 1 tablespoon of ganache into the centre of each ramekin (or muffin hole); pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter over the ganache to cover.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the sides of a cake comes out clean.
6) Allow them to cool for 5 minutes; loosen the edges of the cakes with a butter knife and transfer them onto a baking tray. Brush each cake over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; gently roll each cake into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated. (Be very gentle, they are very soft when first taken out of the oven). To check out the original recipe, check out CAFE DELITES HERE!!! ENJOY :)