So appropriate for soon to come 4th of July!
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound blueberries (1 1/2 cups)
-1 1/4 cups low-fat plain yogurt
-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1) In a food processor, puree strawberries and blueberries separately, adding each pureed fruit to a separate small bowl.
2) In another small bowl, whisk together yogurt and sugar.
3) Pour the 3 mixtures, alternating, into ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds, making 3 to 5 layers in each. With a skewer or thin-bladed knife, swirl mixtures together in an up-and-down motion.
4) Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.