I heard a couple of people are prepping for prom and a few of you have requested a prom hair inspiration. You asked for it, so here you go! These are based on my experience.
Step 1: Choosing Your Prom Hair
You should already picked out your dress at this point. This will give you a better picture of what hairstyle will match your outfit.
- Go with an updo if you are wearing a statement necklace.
- Leave hair down if you are not wearing a necklace.
- Go with a half up hairstyle to keep it classy.
- Pull hair to the side to show off your single shoulder dress.
For this one, you can either go with an updo or leave your hair loose. It looks gorgeous either way.
Step 2: Consider Your hair length
Regardless of short or long hair you could still create an updo! However, you might want to consider certain updos are applicable for long hair. Below are some examples and tutorials.
Prom Hairstyles for Short Hair to Medium Length
Scroll to the right for two easy updo tutorial.
Easy half-up hairstyle.
Prom Updos for Long Hair
1. Flower Braid Updo
2. Wrapped headband Updo
Step 3: Trial Run
Either the day before or the weekend before, do a trial run of trying on your hair, put on your dress and adding the final touches to your appearance. Time yourself and see how long it takes to get ready so you can plan it out.
Important Items to carry:
- Bobby pin. It's always useful to have them to secure your loose updo.
- Face mist. A handy tool to tame flyaway and to freshen up your makeup.
- Hair tie. Just in case you need it.