wowww everybody IS really making cupcakes/tarts out of cocktails! Going with the current, please enjoy with me one of the most refreshing looking tarts of all history.
What You Need
- 1 cup dates (preferably Deglet Noor or Medjool)
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lime (1½ tablespoons juice + zest)
- ½ tablespoon tequila (optional)
What To Do
1) Remove the pits from the dates. In a food processor, blend 1 cup almonds and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Then add the dates a few at a time and pulse until crumbly crust forms (if you find that your dates are very sticky, you may need to use less than the specified amount). Spray or grease 8-cups of a muffin tin, and press the crumbs into into 8 cups. Freeze for 30 minutes.
2) Juice the lime, and grate some of the zest (reserve it for later use).
3) In a bowl, add 1½ tablespoons powdered sugar to ¾ cup chilled heavy whipping cream. Whip the cream using a whisk attachment or by hand. Once the cream is nearly to the desired consistency, add 1½ tablespoons lime juice and ½ tablespoon tequila (optional).
4) Prior to serving, remove the crusts from the freezer. Gently rotate the cups a quarter turn in the cup until loose and then slide to remove (you may need to slide a thin knife down one edge to loosen). Place the cups on a plate.
Spoon in the whipped cream and garnish with lime zest.
Enjoy : )))