Mint-Chocolate Ice Cream with chunks of crunchy chocolate and bits of mint fudge cookies.
OHMYGOSH--SO GOOD! AND NO ICE CREAM MACHINE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regrettably, I didn't put enough chocolate into this, so it's not fudgy-looking. And I didn't put enough Peppermint essential oil into this either, but live and learn.
* Stand mixer with whip attachment
* Can opener
* Container(s) for ice cream
* Heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
* Sweetened condensed milk (1 can or 14 oz.)
* Cocoa powder (unsweetened, 2 Tbsp.)
* Semi-sweet chocolate (8 oz.)
* Vanilla extract (real, not imitation, 1 Tbsp.)
* Essential peppermint oil (2-3 drops)
* Mint Chocolate Ghirardelli squares (broken into pieces)
* Mint Chocolate cookies (Keebler Grasshoppers!!! broken into pieces)
Take a look at how you can make these incredible six flavors of ice cream, using Gemma Stafford's awesome method that DOESN'T REQUIRE an ice cream churn!
Gemma's Instructions for making your ice cream base:
1. Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold
2. Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
3. Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
4. Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors and fixing once it is nice and thick. GO NUTS! experiment and enjoy creating something that is all you.
5. Place in a large resealable container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before eating. Keep for up to 2 weeks.