I love cucumbers, mint and a splash of grapefruit. So I think this would make for a perfect cocktail to usher in and celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Cucumber-Mint Grapefruit Margarita
YIELD: 2 to 4 servings
1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 cup of water
10 fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 cup tequila reposado
1 grapefruit soda
Chile-lime powder (recommend Tajin)
1. In a blender add cucumbers, water, mint leaves, and agave nectar and blend until smooth.
2. With a fine mesh sieve strain the liquid and discard the pulp.
3. Sprinkle chile-lime powder on a small plate. Using agave nectar, moisten the rims of glasses. Invert the glasses into the chile-lime powder, to coat the rims.
4. Fill a shaker with ice, cucumber mixture, and tequila. Shake well and serve over ice. Top with a splash of grapefruit soda.
5. Garnish with cucumber ribbons and mint, if desired.