1. Military rule is anathema to democracy.
2. Get elections right the first time.
-Better to take some time making sure the system works than rushing though bad policy.
3. Do not make the constitution the handmaiden of politics.
-Morsi's declaration that he was above the constitution may have temporarily streamlined the process of governing, but it was clearly a poor move in the long run.
4. Do not assume all appointed officials are diehard loyalists.
-Calling for the mass termination of officials can eliminate those who are qualified to govern.
5. Do not underestimate the former regime’s ability to sabotage the revolution
-This corrupt class of folool, or Mubarak loyalists, is still deeply entrenched in every aspect of the economy
6. Egyptians are no Longer willing to sacrifice democracy for stability
-Egyptians are becoming more politically mature.