Meet Darby Risner, a small town girl who made a VERY big mistake when she got a Barney mask stuck on her head!
It all started when she and her friends were having a slumber party after church one Sunday night. While waiting for her friends to come downstairs, Darby grabbed the giant oversized Barney mask and put it on, intending to jump out and scare her friends.
What really ended up happening, however, was incredibly unexpected.
According to her mom, Audrey, the mask actually TRAPPED her from the shoulders up:
"She put the Barney head on and when she sat down on the sofa to wait for them, it dropped. It slipped over her shoulders. When they finally came down, she got up and realized it had dropped so low, she couldn't get it off. It was digging into her."
Her friends tried their best to pull her out of it, but after enough attempts, they realized that maybe it was a bigger problem than they'd originally thought.
So what did they do? Call the fire department, of course.
With local firefighters' help, Darby was finally freed from the mask - after 45 whole minutes of being trapped inside!
The moral of the story? Beware of Barney, y'all.
So has something this embarrassing ever happen to you or someone you know before? Would you have gone so far as to dial 911 to get the mask off?
Let me know in the comments below, and for more WTF news, follow my WTF Street Journal collection!