Best Part about Traveling Alone
There’s almost nothing worse than traveling the world with awkward family members or friends who make funny noises, sounds and who can ruin some of the picturesque views across the globe. Besides these reasons there are many more why traveling alone beats traveling in a pack. Opportunities are abound, agility is increased and deals are often much more available for solo travelers than groups. Without further ado, let’s get into the top four best parts of traveling alone. Freedom of Choices Not having to put up with a significant other’s, friend’s or family member’s preferences can make life so great. When you don’t have to wait on someone else to go to the bathroom, catch up to your walking pace or even to choose a food item on a menu, life can become incredibly fluid and natural. On top of this, the old adage that there are “safety in numbers” isn’t always true since solo travelers are more agile and able to be targeted less than your average pack of camera-carrying, hat-wearing tourists. If you ever get into trouble, then just yell for help. One of the best parts of solo traveling is for sure the ability to choose where you want to go and not be tied to any specific location. Meeting Other Solo Travelers Indeed there is a veritable network of solo traveller tours and adventures dedicated to helping solo travelers succeed and have fun. One of the best parts of traveling solo is the people you meet along the way and the interesting backgrounds from which they come! Most other solo travelers also have free spirits and are going to be of a like mind for the most part! When you travel alone then you get to meet the most incredible people who aren’t afraid of the typical conformity norms which most people are ruled by their entire lives. Oh, The Deals... Cruises and planes always have empty seats, and when you’re open to booking flights last minute then you’re really saving on costs. Some sites, like costcotravel.com, skyscanner.com and lastminutetravel.com, offer incredible deals as much as 80% off retail. Pay the remaining 20% using a credit card with miles and you’re really doing solo travel the right way. Planes aren’t the only deal, either. Hostels, hotels, adventures, tours, equipment rentals and more all come with deals or opportunities that could allow haggling. 7-day Southern caribbean cruise destinations, for example, can be had for an astoundingly cheap $480 round trip. Finding three or four empty bedrooms right next to each other on the last week before a cruise like you would need with a large group, however, is usually next to impossible without spending buku bucks on the swankiest rooms which most people cannot afford. Cruising alone is definitely one of the best ways to find excellent deals. All told there are many more reasons why solo traveling is better than traveling in a group, as these are merely a taste. Solo travelers have the fire in their belly that most people just are too scared to possess, and this fire can be the flame that fuels your life’s most incredible untold stories. If there’s one quote which sums up the solo traveling mindset, it’s that “everything you want is on the other side of fear.” Sure, it may not be perfect at times but overall it can be the most rewarding lifestyle that you’ve ever had the luxury of having.