The nominations for this year's Primetime Emmy Awards have been officially released - and the animated TV competition is seriously intense!
The Short-Form Animation category celebrates TV cartoons that fall under the 30 minute mark, and this year, the nominees are as follows:
- Adventure Time "Hall of Egress" (Cartoon Network)
- The Powerpuff Girls "Once Upon A Townsville" (Cartoon Network)
- Robot Chicken "Robot Chicken Christmas Special: The X-Mas United" (Adult Swim)
- Spongebob Squarepants "Company Picnic" (Nickelodeon)
- Steven Universe "The Answer" (Cartoon Network)
Personally, I really hope Steven Universe wins! Adventure Time and the rest of these shows will always have a special place in my heart, but show creator Rebecca Sugar seriously deserves ALL THE AWARDS.
The Animated Program category honors the longer-running TV cartoons, and if you're someone who's watched any TV in the past 10 years, these shouldn't be surprising:
- Archer "The Figgis Agency" (FX Networks)
- Bob's Burgers "The Horse Rider-er" (Fox)
- Phineas and Ferb "Last Day of Summer" (Disney XD)
- The Simpsons "Halloween of Horror" (Fox)
- South Park "You’re Not Yelping" (Comedy Central)
This one is SUCH a tight race. You've got so many long-running animated TV shows against each other. However, I'm going to hope Bob's Burgers or Archer take the trophy home. (Although Halloween episodes of The Simpsons are always the best thing ever.)
So who do you think is going to win?
Leave your prediction in the comments below, and to talk even more about your favorite cartoons, join the US Animation community!