I love having this seasoned cucumber salad with brown rice, its always the best to eat it when its freshly made because you will be able to feel the crunchiness from the cucumbers but still have the amazing seasoning that goes SO well with brown rice.
Hope you guys enjoy it too!
Oi Muchim (Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad)
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons gochugaru
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1) Combine all ingredients except cucumbers in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
2) Add cucumber slices and toss to coat (wear gloves and use your hands, or use tongs).
3) Serve room temperature or chilled.