Never heard of this cocktail and i'm not a huge fan of cucumbers but I thought it would be a refreshing drink to have with the basil leaves!
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ tbsp sugar (or ½ tbsp of simple syrup)
- 1 ounce gin
- lime juice (to taste)
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup tonic water
1) Roll two basil leaves together, slicing them into smaller pieces.
2) Add sugar (or simple syrup) to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin, stirring until dissolved.
3) Add two cucumber slices and two sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
4) Add lime juice to taste (I used about a teaspoon).
5) Add ½ cup crushed ice and ½ cup tonic water.
6) Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice, placing it in the rim of the glass along with a basil leaf for garnish.