salads are definitely the easiest way to have a vegetarian meal and i just found a recipe for a salad that is not too sweet and the dressing being super slimy or anything like thattt
very simple with these ingredients:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions - just the white and light green parts
- 3/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts for garnish
1. Trim the ends off the cucumbers and peel them. Slice them lengthwise then use a spoon to scoop the seeds out. Slice them into thin half-moons, and combine them with the sliced scallions into a mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint, lime zest, lime juice, honey, coriander and salt. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Pour over the cucumber mix and stir to combine.
3. Spoon into bowls, and garnish with mint leaves and pine nuts. Enjoy!