A new study shows that conservative media consumption decreases viewer trust in scientists, which in turn decreases belief that global warming is happening.
In contrast, consumption of other media increases consumer trust in scientists and the belief that global warming is happening.
The conservative media does this through five main methods:
1. Presenting mainstream scientists as biased
2. Shooting down peer-reviewed journals
3. Describing scientific institutions as politically liberal
4. Accusing scientists of lying
5. Characterizing science as a religion