For all of those who have watched the movie Snowpiercer, I always feel like it's good to discuss Sci-Fi movies afterwards (and especially Bong's movies in general). Everyone feel free to leave comments on the movie!
Also check slide 2 for a prequel video to the movie.
Some questions to start the discussion:
- What is the symbolism of the train?
- The name of the engine is the "perpetual motion engine" which is impossible in science today. What is the significance in the name?
- Parallel between Curtis and Dante in the "Divine Comedy".
- Is this a hero's story or a tragedy? If Curtis lit the bomb in the beginning, could he have saved everyone?
- The significance of the scene where Curtis and the Russian guy are shooting at each other through the windows of the train.
- The significance of the boy at the end entering the chamber of the engine.
- The significance of the hooded man slicing the fish before the fight through the dark tunnel.
- Was the death of Edgar a relief to Curtis? Did it relieve his burden?
- Is Gilliam a hero for what he did?