The old tuna salad is a classic fir all occasions, and the beauty of it is that it doesn't really take that much time or ingredients to make one.
- 10-12 ounces of canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
1) Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2) When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
3) Serve with lettuce, or mixed in with cold, cooked soba noodles.