Vada Pav, also known as Vada Pao, is a fast food dish famed for its wholesomeness and rustic flavours. Hailing from the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra, this street food is highly delicious and goes easy on the pocket. For preparing this dish at home, you do not need to have a lot of ingredients – just a handful of basic ingredients and English Oven pav buns. Read below to learn how to make Vada Pav.
• 2 English Oven Pav buns.
• 4 boiled potatoes.
• 10-12 Garlic Cloves.
• 1 tablespoon mustard seeds.
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger.
• 1 tablespoon Soda bicarbonate.
• 1/2 tablespoon turmeric.
• 1table spoon oil.
• 1/2 cup besan.
• 4 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander.
• Salt according to taste.
• Refined oil for deep frying.
Method for the preparation-
• To prepare the pav mix, add gram flour in a bowl. Add Besan, salt, chili powder, baking soda, turmeric powder, and blend well. Smash potatoes, add water and make a thick batter. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
• Heat 1 tablespoon of refined oil in a frying pan and pour the mixture, garlic, and ginger paste to it. Mix well. Put chopped coriander leaves and a little amount of lemon juice. Mix again.
• Remove the mixture from heat.
• Make small balls of the mixture and set aside.
• In a pan, heat oil for deep frying. Dip potato balls in a gram-flour batter. Deep fry them until they turn golden brown and crisp from outside.
• Make sure they completely cook from inside too.
• Slit a Pav bun, spread dry garlic chutney on each inner side. Place a piping hot Vada and press lightly. Serve hot!
Vada pav is best served with a mix of spicy coriander and tamarind chutney along with roasted green chilies.