a year ago100+ Views
Soompi has tweeted about the briefing
Link to article
Read below as well:
On June 7, a press briefing was held at 4 p.m. KST to provide an official update regarding BIGBANG’s T.O.P, who is currently being treated at the Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital.
The briefing was attended by professor Lee Deok Hee from the department of emergency medical and health services, professor Kim Yong Jae from the department of neurology, and professor Choi Hee Yeon from the department of mental health services.
Kim Han Soo, the head of public relations, first began by describing how T.O.P arrived at the hospital and said, “He came on June 6, 2017 at 12:34 p.m. KST. He was carried in by three people, with one holding up his upper body while the other two were holding up the lower half of his body.”
He continued to add, “Our emergency medical technicians examined him and found that the patient was between a state of deep sleep and semiconsciousness with contracted pupils and decreased cornea reflection, only showing a reaction to strong stimuli. He was also suffering from respiratory failure due to low levels of oxygen and high levels of carbon dioxide. We conducted the necessary emergency medical care as we believed he was in critical condition. He was admitted to the intensive care unit at 4:50 p.m. KST.”
The medical professionals went on to explain, “After conducting a urine test, we concluded that the patient had suffered from respiratory failure due to an overdose of prescribed tranquilizers. We made the decision to treat him in the emergency intensive care unit as his condition led to a high occurrence of apnea, which can require intubation if necessary. We were able to control his carbon dioxide levels but he is still in a state of severe lethargy.” They added, “We came to the decision that the patient’s condition would require coordination by the departments of neurology and mental health services, and medical consultations were held at 11 a.m. KST and 3 p.m. KST to little success. Once the patient’s condition improves, we will continue his treatment with the department of mental health services.” Professor Kim Yong Jae explained, “During his medical examination, the patient would open his eyes if given a strong stimuli, but he was unable to concentrate. There are cases in which this may lead to respiratory arrest or brain damage, but we do not believe that this will be the case for this patient.” Professor Lee Deok Hee explained their plans for treating T.O.P and said, “Currently, we are unable to determine the exact amount of medication that the patient ingested. Recovery time depends on the patient’s age so it’s difficult for us to give an exact time frame. From previous cases, we’ve seen that younger patients with no complications usually recover in approximately a week.” The doctor emphasized, “What is most important is the patient’s mental health.”
Hopefully T.O.P will continue to show improvement! Keep sending prayers and love to him and his family.