*Small ice cubes
*1/2 cup blackberries
*4 tablespoons mint leaves torn in half
*2 Tbsp simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar brought to boil just enough to melt sugar; cooled)
*3 ounces bourbon
*Prosecco or other sparkling wine
*Mint sprigs and blackberries for garnish
1. Fill a julep or small rocks glass overflowing with ice cubes.
2. In a shaker, muddle the blackberries, mint leaves and simple syrup.
3. Add 1 cup of ice cubes and bourbon to the shaker and shake well.
4. Strain the drink into the glass filling it 3/4 full.
5. Finish filling the glass with the Prosecco, gently stir to combine.
6. Gently press on the mint leaves for garnish to release their aroma before putting a bunch into each cocktail; finish with a blackberry and serve with a short straw.