I've been trying to improve my French recently, and came across these awesome YouTubers called DamonandJo.
They have self-taught themselves nearly 6 languages!
I believe they speak French, Spanish, Portugese, Italian, German, and of course English!
You can either watch the video above (which I suggest cause they have the BEST sense of humor) or check out their tips below:
1. Follow Famous YouTubers in the language you want to learn!
There are tons of youtubers in other languages, and often if they are famous enough, there will be english subtitles. Listen to them to hear real people speaking the language rather than a text book! They're usually super entertaining too so it helps :)
2. Follow those YouTubers or famous people on twitter so you see that language each day!
The easiest way to get used to a foreign language is to see it all the time and this really helps!
3. Change your phone/facebook/etc language to your desired language!
Since you probably already know where everything is in your phone or facebook, you wont be confused and you'll learn a ton of new vocab!
4. Listen to audio books in the language you want!!!
Audible has a ton of foreign language books. Try starting with a book you already know well (like Harry Potter for me - I'm trying to read that in Korean right now...) and listen throughout your day!
5. Sign up for foreign magazines or newsletters!
Or even better download their app in another language! For example, my boyfriend gets push notification from Le Monde which is a french newspaper :) Even if you only read the headline, its practice.
6. Try cooking a meal using a recipe in a different language!
You start to learn that a lot of words you actually already know (for example, sauté means the same thing in french and in korean bokkeum (like bokkeumbap) means fried! so literally "fried rice!"
7. Watch TV shows in the language
8. Talk to yourself and dont be afraid!
Practice speaking whenever you can, even to people who are strangers! be brave!