This is the second time I've made bulkogi 불고기. I've adjusted the marinade recipe from the first time I made it, and my dad said it tasted better then the first time. Which is basically a success in my book XD
Plus it was more tender, so I was happy about that~
Here's the recipe for 1lb of flank steak.
- 5 TBSP Soy Sauce (your choice of which brand and how spicy you want it)
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar (helps caramelise it better)
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- 2 TBSP minced ginger (you can actually buy minced ginger in small jars)
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes * (optional)
* You can add more red pepper flakes if you want more of a spice to it. Depends on your taste
For the steak, cut it into 1/4 inch slices and put into a bowl and set that aside.
Make sure the marinade is thoroughly wisked together before pouring over the steak slices.
Completely cover the meat and put inside the fridge to sit. You can either let it sit for a couple hrs or over night, but it'll be ready to cook.
Prepare the grill and heat it up to 350
Remember to spray the grill thoroughly before putting the meat on so it doesn't stick.
Cook each slice 1-2 mins on each side and then you'll be done!!
The original recipe called for white sugar, but since my family only uses white sugar for baking recipes and we mainly use brown sugar for everything else I decided to use that instead. Plus it's better for you X3
Hope you guys enjoy!!!