The Bahamas are an archipelago of 700 islands covering 259,000 square kilometres/100,000 square miles throughout the Western Atlantic ocean (Bahamas Map http://www.vingle.net/posts/220396) that offer a complete range of dive adventures including pristine and healthy coral reefs, vertical walls, wrecks, tunnels, caverns and blue holes. The waters are amazingly clear and boast 30-metre/100-foot visibility, lush coral reefs and abundant marine life. Plus, the subtropical climate provides approximately 340 sunny days each year. And, probably more important to divers, the dive conditions are impressive year-round.
* Depth: 6 - 46 metres/20 - 150 feet
* Visibility: Average of 24 - 30 metres/80 100 feet
* Water Temp: Water temperatures average 24° C/75° F during the winter (December to March) , 27° C/80° F in spring and 31° C/88° F in the summer (June to August).
* Dive Season: Year-round
* Weather: The subtropical climate sees about 340 sunny days per year. Average air temperatures:
-- Winter and Spring (December to May): 18 - 25° C/65 - 77° F.
-- Summer (June-August): 24 - 33° C/75 - 91° F.
* Recompression Chamber: The Lyford Cay Hospital - +1 242 362 4400
* General Information about The Bahama : http://www.vingle.net/posts/220599
* Nassau/Paradise Island
* Grand Bahama Island
* Long Island