So I think that Laffa bread is not given as much credit as it should be. Here is a simple recipe for Laffa bread. Enjoy :)
First get your ingredients, and if you are like me (absentminded), make sure to not misplace anything right before you start. jaja
3½ c bread flour
25g (1oz) instant yeast
1½ c water
1 tbs sugar
½ tbs salt
2 tbs olive oil
1. Mix the yeast and flour in a mixer with a kneading hook. Add the water, sugar, salt, & oil and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and shiny, and slightly sticky.
(alternatively- mix by hand in a bowl, and then knead on the counter till smooth).
2. Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl. Turn in the bowl to make sure it is covered in oil and cover with cling wrap and allow to rise to double its size. This will take about an hour or so.
3. Divide the dough into 6 parts, rolling each into a ball. Cover with a moist towel and leave for 10 minutes to rest.
4. Roll each ball into a disk 30- 35cm (12 to 15 inches) across.
5. Toast with oil in a frying pan. Turn over when brown scorch marks begin to appear. Then, toast for minute. Stack the laffot, covered by a towel.