1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 sprig fresh oregano
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1 cup ice
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup English cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup avocado, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
6 lime wedges, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, oregano and 1 tablespoon lime juice; bring to a simmer.
2. Cook for about 5 minutes and discard the oregano.
3. Add the shrimp to the pan; cook for about 3 minutes (or until done).
4. Transfer the shrimp mixture to a large bowl.
5. Stir in the tomato juice, ice and hot sauce. Let stand for 1 minute or until the ice melts.
6. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, tomato, onion, cucumber, salt and pepper.
7. Let cool, cover and chill.
8. When ready to serve, stir in the cilantro.
9. Divide the shrimp mixture evenly among 6 bowls; top with diced avocado.
10. Garnish with lime wedges.