A nice hearty soup that is good for you. Perfect for leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 ribs celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced thinly into rounds
2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
2 bay leaves
5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
3 cups cooked turkey, shredded into bite-sized pieces
2 cups cooked white navy beans
2 cups shredded kale
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (optional)
What to Do:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat for 1 minute. Dice the celery and add it to the pot with the garlic, carrots, and all spices. Stir veggies, coating them in the spice mixture, constantly for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Add the vegetable stock. Cover the pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the turkey and white navy beans. Cover the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Finally, add the kale and parsley. Switch off the heat and stir until the leaves are just wilted (about 1 minute).
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with additional parsley if desired.