Pancakes are one of the best ways to start your day, for sure
1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats (not kasha), ground into a flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 medium ripe banana, diced
1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
1. Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. In a blender, blend the buckwheat groats on high speed until a fine flour forms. Place into a large bowl. Now whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients (rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder).
3. Pour in the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk the batter until no clumps remain.
4. Fold in the diced banana and scraped vanilla bean. If using fresh blueberries, mix them in now.
5. Lightly grease skillet. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the preheated skillet. If using frozen blueberries, sprinkle on a heaping tablespoon of blueberries. Cook until many bubbles appear and then flip and cook for another couple minutes. Repeat for the other pancakes.
Note: If using frozen blueberries, pour batter onto skillet first and then top with blueberries to prevent bleeding. I also tried subbing the rice flour for oat flour and the pancakes completely stuck to the pan, so I would advise against that substitution.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/03/08/vegan-gluten-free-vanilla-blueberry-buckwheat-pancakes/#ixzz2mcMrEFv9