Holiday Cheesecake Cookies
400 g all purpose flour
125 g confectioners’ sugar
200 g butter
pinch of salt
100 g sour cream
200 g cream cheese, room temperature
100 g sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs lemon juice
Red and green food colouring, and wooden skewers
1. Let’s start preparing cookie dough. In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
2. Divide the dough in two, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball.
3. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of maximum 0,5 cm.
4. Using a beveled cookie cutter, cut out circles and drape one circle over each bowl cavity of pan, pressing to form smooth surface. (I used a mini cupcake pan)
5. Chill whilst preheating oven to 350º F (180 ºC)
6. Slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes
7. Let them cool completely on a wire rack
8. When cold, prepare cheese filling. Mix sweetened condensed milk, sour cream (or whip cream) and cream cheese on a medium bowl, until combined. Add lemon juice and mix well.
9. Place two tablespoons cheese cream on a small bowl, and another two tablespoons on a separate small bowl. Tint one of the bowls with red food colouring, and the other one with green food colouring.
10. Place 1 teaspoon strawberry jam on every cookie bowl. Fill with cheese cream. Use wooden skewers and red and green mixes to decorate
11. Keep in the fridge until set (about 4 hours if using sour cream, at least 24
hours if using whipping cream). They are better the next day. Can be stored several days on the fridge