JamesBurns
4 years ago1,000+ Views
The city officially designated the land as a park (true park) on April 29, 1844, naming it Lake Park. When the Illinois Central Railroad was built into Chicago in 1852, it was permitted to lay track along the lakefront on a causeway built offshore from the park. By 1901 the name was changed to Grant Park.
0 comments
6
Comment
1