Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese, and Cranberry Crostini
These will be the perfect appetizer at any holiday party you may have coming up!
Butternut Squash, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
Serves 8 to 10
2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 (12”) sourdough baguette, thinly sliced (1/4” pieces)
3 to 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 1/2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons minced thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Brush each side of sliced baguette pieces with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, flip each crostini, and continue to bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. For topping: Pour oil into a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add squash and continue to sauté for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and 2 tablespoons thyme and stir together. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook mixture for 5 minutes, add cranberries and season with salt and pepper.
7. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Stir in remaining thyme and adjust seasonings.
8. To assemble: Spread a small amount of goat cheese onto each crostini and top with a spoonful or two of the squash mixture. Serve.