* bocconcini mozzarella (the little balls of fresh mozzarella, you can use the big ones, just cut them into bite size pieces)
* lemon peel
* garlic cloves
* basil leaves
* red pepper flakes
1. In your jar, add about one third of the cheese. Layer in the basil leaves, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and garlic cloves. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Keep layering the ingredients until your jar is full.
3. Pour a good quality olive oil over the top until the jar is full. Put the lid on the jar and shake it up. Put the jar in the fridge for at least two hours before you are going to serve it. You can keep this in there for about a week. Give it a shake every now and again. Take the jar out about 30 minutes before you are going to serve this. The olive oil will solidify a bit and will return to normal again when it gets back to room temperature.
4. Pour the cheese and oil into a bowl and serve with some toasted bread. Yum. Tie a cute ribbon or some raffia around it and it makes a great hostess gift.