As we get closer and closer to the holiday season, our stress levels begin to rise, celebratory outings increase and before we know it, our healthy habits from the summer are taking a plunging dive out the window. Here are seven useful tips on how to stay fit during a stretch of indulgence.
1. Eat Seasonal Winter Fruits and Vegetables- Persimmons, apples, pears, beets, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and winter squash.
2. Skip The Fancy Lattes- Not only are the pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas out there expensive, but they are also full of massive amounts of sugar and added chemicals. Save money and a sugar rush by making your own at home.
3. Take a yoga class- Bikram yoga is a great way to challenge your body and stay warm during the cold months!
4. Clean up a beach- If you live near a beach, take a day and help clean it up. Not only is it good for the environment, but picking up trash is good exercise.
5. Avoid overindulging at holiday parties- Eat a salad or a bowl of fruit before you go to a party so that you are not famished when you arrive. And you can still enjoy some small treats :)
6. Sign up for a race after the holidays- Nothing will work off the holiday indulgences like training for a race.
7. Take up a winter sport- Skiing and snowboarding are excellent forms of exercise, especially for the legs and glutes!