These are vegan and gluten free, but still delicious
1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1/4 cup non-dairy buttery spread (I used soy-free Earth Balance in the red tub) (45g)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (70g)
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar (80g)
1/4 cup organic cane sugar (55g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour (105g or 1 cup oat flour)
1 cup almonds, blended into a flour (145g or 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour)
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, but you can use regular sized too)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes so it can thicken up.
2. With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the buttery spread and peanut butter until combined. Add both sugars and beat for 1 minute more. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract until combined.
3. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients (baking soda, baking powder, salt, oat flour, and almond flour) one by one. If your dough is dry (this could be the case if too much flour is used), you can add a touch of almond milk to thin it out. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Shape 1-inch balls of dough (smaller than golf balls) and place on the baking sheet. If chocolate chips aren’t sticking to the dough, just press them in with your fingers. There is no need to flatten the balls as the cookies spread out a lot. Place balls 2-3 inches apart.
5. Bake for about 11-13 minutes (I baked for 12 mins) until lightly golden. The underside will also be a rich golden brown shade. The cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven, but they will harden as they cool. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle cookies with flaked sea salt to bring out the peanut butter flavour even more.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/12/05/crispy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-vegan-gluten-free/#ixzz2oAVlTSau