This article talks about the advantages of installing sliding doors at a room, while giving a special emphasis on their uPVC variants. Sliding doors can enhance the aesthetics of a building, and augment the airflow and the extent of natural light in an indoor environment to a significant extent as well. This article also provides a few tips on decorating such doors.
Sliding doors have become extremely popular today, especially the ones made up of uPVC. These doors are ideally made up of two (or more) sashes that slide horizontally, either left or right, on tracks. Such doors can be made taller and wider with the addition of sashes. Good quality uPVC sliding doors feature multi-chamber system that increases sound and heat insulation, and have locking systems that account for enhanced security.
There are a number of advantages of installing uPVC sliding doors at a home. Here are some of them:
· Energy efficiency: Sliding doors are quite efficient insulators, especially their uPVC variants. They help in making sure that a house stays cooler in the summer and warm in the winter. Sliding doors also have a good sealing, and hence are quite energy efficient. They assist the air-conditioning unit installed to maintain the desired temperature in a room, thereby resulting in lower electricity expenses.
· Space savings: Sliding doors operate without hinges. They slide on a track instead of swinging on hinges. Hence, they do not require any extra swinging space like the traditional doors.
· Light and ventilation: Sliding doors let the optimal amount of natural light and air come inside the room, thereby keeping them comfortable and well-ventilated.
Tips for decorating sliding doors
In addition to looking extremely elegant and sophisticated, sliding doors also enable people to save space in a room. To enhance the beauty of these doors, people can choose to hang curtains on it. Here are a few decorating tips for sliding door designs that people can follow to enhance their appearance :
· Hang a thin metal rod close to the ceiling in order to maintain a uniform and simple appearance. Long curtains can easily cover the whole wall, and not just the sliding doors.
· Diverse windows of a room would need distinguished types of curtains. While sliding doors featured in the bedroom would require dark and heavy curtains to maintain a level of privacy inside the room, in the living room, people should opt to put brightly coloured and light curtains to ensure that adequate natural light is able to get inside the space.
· Try to match the colour of the curtains with the décor and palette theme of the room, so that they look absolutely impeccable.
· A valance can be added to the doors to hide the curtain fittings. Homeowners can opt for a valance that has a distinct wooden appearance, so as to add a rustic look to the room.
· The curtain rod should be installed high up on the ceiling so that the curtains can easily cover the wall from the top to bottom. This would be a particularly nice option for bedrooms, where it is important for the décor to look absolutely harmonious.
· In addition to curtains, people can choose to install blinds to enhance the look of the doors.
The above-mentioned decorating tips for sliding door designs can help homeowners to ensure that their rooms look extremely attractive. By installing uPVC sliding doors at their home and beautifully decorating it, homeowners can enhance both the functionality and appearance of their rooms.