In this digital world, cell phones are a basic human need for communication. Millions of users want to import contacts from Excel sheet to Android Phone, including Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, OnePlus, Motorola, Asus and many more. If you are also looking for it, this blog will help you find the right answer to your query. Here we will explain the step-by-step method to import contacts from Excel to Android Phone directly.
Excel is a well-known name from Microsoft that can be used to easily store large amounts of data such as financial data and to create mathematical models. It contains diagrams, mathematical functions and various other types of cell formatting. Data saved in Excel in XLS or XLSX file format. It is a secure platform for storing important information, so some people still save their contacts in Excel spreadsheets as it is easy to maintain. Contacts are important to everyone and now people are accessing contacts on their Android phones. In the following section, we have listed the steps to accomplish this task.
I want to export my contact such as phone number, name, email address from an Excel spreadsheet to my Samsung Android phone. However, there is no option on my phone to export Excel contacts to Android Phone. I don't know what's wrong. Can someone help me how can I do that?
How to Import Contacts from Excel Sheet to Android?
Before proceeding, you need to know that Excel stores data in .xls or .xlsx file format and Android phones only support the vCard (VCF) file format for accessing and importing contacts. So there is no direct solution to import contacts from Excel to Android Phone.
We need to perform two phases to transfer Excel contacts to Android Phone:
2. Import the vCard file into Android
vCard file is an electronic business card that contains contacts with all details such as first name, last name, email address, photograph, and much more. The vCard (VCF) file is used to exchange contacts and is used in Outlook, Gmail, Thunderbird, Android, iPhone, iCloud, and many email clients, email services, devices, email servers, etc.
Method to Convert Excel Contacts to vCard (VCF)
Step 1. Download Excel to vCard Converter, install and launch it on your system.
Step 2. Click on Browse and select the Excel .xls or .xlsx file.
Step 3. Once you selected the excel file, the software will show the preview Excel file data.
Step 4. Now, start mapping the Excel Fields with vCard Fields and then click Add button.
Step 5. In the next section, select the required options and then choose vCard version 2.1, 3.0 or 4.0
Step 6. Click on Change to save output at the desired path and click the Convert button.
You are done with this process. Now you have a vCard file that you can use to easily import contacts from Excel to Android Phone.
Import Contacts from Excel Sheet to Android via vCard
1. Connect your device with the system and configure your phone. Select all contacts VCF files and then right-click on it. Choose the Send to option and then select your device name from the list.
2. Now, disconnect the USB cable from your system and open contacts on your phone. Click Setting and select Manage Contacts option.
3. Next, select the Import/Export option to transfer Excel contacts to Android phone.
4. Select the Import vCard files (VCF) from your phone option and click the Import button.
5. Select the location Internal Storage option to import contacts from Excel to Android.
6. Choose the VCF files and click the Done option.
7. Now, pick the Phone option to save VCF files and click the Import button.
8. You can now view the imported contacts into a contact list of your Android Device.
This is the complete process to import contacts from Excel sheet to Android with all saved information. There is no direct way to export Excel contacts to Android Phone because Android devices don't support importing XLS or XLSX file formats. It is necessary to first convert Excel contacts to vCard. We have proposed the best Excel VCF converter for this. In the following section, we have listed some highlighted features of this tool so that you can learn more about them and use features that suit your needs.
Highlighted Features of Excel to vCard Converter
1. Simple interface for novice users
2. Convert Excel XLS XLSX to vCard VCFwith all details
3. Supports all MS Excel and Windows OS versions
4. Import contacts from Excel to Android, iPhone, Whatsapp, etc.
5. The option of mapping Excel fields with vCard fields.
6. Able to convert multiple contacts from Excel to VCF file.
In this blog, we have described the best way to transfer Excel contacts to Android Phone without any hassle. We discussed that you first need to convert Excel contacts to vCard file to import contacts from Excel sheet to Android. I hope that after reading this blog you will get the right answers to your request.