Paying Income Tax every year may seem like a hassle where a delay in filing taxes may invite the government to levy late fee charges on you. Not to worry, as caution can be exercised using the following simple steps, which will allow you to pay your income tax online and from the comfort of your home. Not only will this save you the time at the bank, but it will also allow you to monitor your finances keenly without the requirement of a professional.
Below are easy to follow steps that will guide you through this simple process of TDS e-payment :
1. To begin filing your income tax returns online, Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department.
2. On the next page, choose Challan No/ ITNS 280 from the list of challan as it is required to be used for the payment of income tax.
3. Choose “Other Than Companies”, if you are filing as an individual. Otherwise, you may select “Income tax on Companies”.
4. Fill in the details of your Pan Card, Assessment Year, Address, Email ID and Mobile Number. Then after cross-checking your details, click “Proceed”.
5. On the next page, make sure the name displayed is yours. If not, then go back and check the details you provided. The name provided on the PAN card and the name filled in the form must match.
6. Choose the “self-assessment tax” in the Tax Payable Option. Be Careful while selecting the year as it offers the option to pay tax for previous years as well.
7. If you have a NetBanking account, choose your bank’s name through the dropdown menu using which you wish to pay the income tax and then click proceed.
8. You will be taken to that bank’s NetBanking login page. Log in and proceed to the next step.
9. Fill in your income tax amount in the area provided. Your bank automatically calculates your total tax amount.
10. Click on pay to complete the transaction. Once done, you will get the Challan Identification Number (CIN). You need to enter CIN when you file your returns.
That concludes the process. Your taxes are paid, and you didn’t have to leave your home, as promised!
Gone are the days where an individual needed to go to the bank, stand in a line and pay his taxes. One can now go to the official website of the Income Tax Department and select challan no/ ITNS 280 to begin filing their income tax, online. Next, what you see is a challan sheet, where all the details of the tax payee are to be accurately filled. Upon doing that the person is redirected to the selected bank’s website where the actual amount is entered and paid after logging in. Finally, the Challan Identification Number is generated, which allows the payee not only to keep track but to file their returns as well. That constitutes the process of TDS e-payment online in its entirety.