The indefinite leave to remain visa can let a person stay in the UK without any visa restrictions and time limit. Also, a person with an ILR Visa UK is allowed to travel, work, and stay freely in the UK. For people who are looking to make the UK as their permanent home and become a British citizen, ILR visa is the way to go. You can apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain visa after five years. However, there are restrictions to this and some applicants may have to wait up to 10 years before they can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain visa.
In order to make a successful application for ILR visa and be qualified for the visa, you will need to satisfy these rules:
· You should not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws
· You have spent a period of at least 10 years residing in the United Kingdom continuously and legally
· You have showed sufficient knowledge of the English language and about life in the United Kingdom
· Your 10 years period of lawful residence is not broken
· There are no reasons to refuse your visa application
Continuous 10 years residence will be broken if the applicant has:
· Spent a total of 18 months outside the UK throughout the period
· Been absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time
· Left the UK with no valid leave to remain on departure from the UK and did not apply for entry clearance within 28 days of that leave expiring
If it is difficult to understand the rules and requirements of the ILR Visa UK, make sure you hire the visa agency or immigration lawyers. They will help you understand the rules and requirements of the visa and meet those to be eligible for the visa. If you are lagging in meeting any requirements, they will discuss with that and help you know what needs to be done to meet that criteria. The application for ILR visa can be lengthy and time-consuming, but with the help of the agency, you can get it done soon.