How odd does this combination seem to you?
Dr. Pepper? BBQ? Pork? But, let me tell you - it works.
This recipe is full of flavor and extremely easy. Don't be nervous about adding Dr. Pepper to your pork. The Dr Pepper soda adds a sweet flavor to this pork while keeping the meat extra moist.
One thing's for sure, this is not the typical pulled pork recipe you're used to - in fact, it's even better.
& I'm sure you're family will agree!
-1 (3 lb) pork shoulder roast
-ground black pepper)
-1 (12 oz) can Dr. Pepper soda pop
-1 cup BBQ sauce
1) Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Rub pork roast with various seasonings and place roast in slow cooker.
3) Pour Dr. Pepper and BBQ sauce on top of roast.
4) Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
5) Shred roast with two forks (it should fall apart easily)
6) Serve on top of hamburger buns.
Final step, enjoy (: