Your skin needs much more than a regular face wash and moisturizer, to bring back the glow. That's why adding a multi-functional serum to your skincare regime is the right choice. Serums are a good way to deliver all the goodness with skin-enriching nutrients directly into the skin. Owing to the light and non-greasy nature of such serums, they can work wonders on multitudes of skin problems and can be used by people of all skin types.
Besides providing the much needed nourishment and moisturization to your skin, it works on tackling various skin problems such as fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots and pigmentation, uneven skin tone and blemishes. While you may choose to go for an anti-aging serum if you are in your late 20’s or early 30’s, it’s best to use a Vitamin C serum to fight these signs of ageing in your early 20’s.
Choose a light-weight concentrated formulation that has a variety of active ingredients like Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Chia Seed Oil to deeply moisturize the skin and reduce pigmentation and uneven skin tone. Serums have smaller molecular size which helps them deeply penetrate the skin and work on repairing and hydrating it from within.
Before understanding how serum can benefit your skin, you need to know how important it is to include the right ingredients based on skin type and skin problem. Serums can have different ingredients specially curated for one or more skin problems- for hydrating, skin-brightening or simply to make it soft and plump. Though you can look out for active ingredients like Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid while choosing the perfect serum, you need to go through some of their benefits separately.
What does Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid do for your skin?
Vitamin C: As a part of diet intake, Vitamin C can have many essential health benefits like boosting immunity and helping with blood pressure.The major sources of Vitamin C are citrus fruits such as orange, gooseberry, tomato, spinach, green and red peppers. However, it can be of great help when added to skincare products. Kakadu Plum is the richest botanical source of Vitamin C and is native to Australia. Vitamin C serum for face imparts many benefits for the skin which include:
1. Stimulates production of the Collagen protein
2. Reduces dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines
3. Works on hyperpigmentation
4. Improves uneven skin tone
Hyaluronic Acid: Known to be naturally produced by our skin cells, it helps maintain the levels of moisture in our skin and adjust it according to the season. It is photosensitive and breaks down quite easily in the presence of strong UV rays. This can result in low HA levels and the effects can be seen in the form of dry, wrinkled and dull skin. To retain this moisture, it is important to deliver the rich HA into the skin in the form of natural skincare products.
1. Replenishes moisture in the skin
2. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
3. Makes skin feel softer and smoother
4. Improves uneven skin tone
Can you use Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid together?
Now you have an idea how Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid can provide skin benefits separately. Now imagine combining them together in face care products- Yes! Imagine the immense benefits it will impart to your skin. You can use both of them together without any hesitation for they are safe and gentle on skin. While the combination of natural Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid is present in many face care products, it’s best to choose a serum as the ingredients will be concentrated and will deeply penetrate the skin to work from within.
The key to a serum working wonders on skin- is the consistency and the way you are using them. There is a variety of serums available in the market working on different issues, be it the face serum for dry skin or a vial of anti-aging serum. The process of getting the best from them is, however, the same for every serum. But to be on a safer side, you can note down some tips on how to use them on your delicate skin.
1. Before applying the serum, it is necessary to properly clean the skin with a mild and natural cleanser. This ensures that dust and the layer of sebum do not act as a barrier for the active ingredients in serum. It will help the serum penetrate the skin and work from within.
2. Take a tiny amount of it on your hands, too much can do more harm than good. Serum in a bottle is packed with active components that are highly effective. Avoid using more than what is required.
3. Continue massaging it gently all over the face and the neck in circular motions.
4. Once you finish, leave it as it for a minute and then follow it up with a natural moisturizer to lock in the actives inside and to moisturize the skin. The latter is much needed if you have a dry skin.
5. Using a moisturizer provides a protective barrier and packs up the ingredients of the serum in the layers of skin.
6. Use it every night consistently before going to sleep.
7. Avoid using it during daytime or while going out. The intense sun rays can hamper the working of serum on your face. If you must use it in daytime then always top it up with a mineral-based sunscreen.
The Moms Co.'s Natural Vita Rich Face Serum is a Vitamin C serum for face which is derived from Kakadu Plum and has natural ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Soybean phospholipids, Chia Seed oil and Arbutin extract. This serum gets easily absorbed into the skin and reduces the appearance of pigmentation, improves uneven skin tone and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Chia Seed Oil, derived from Chia seeds, is a rich source of antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids and is known to help with oily skin and clogged pores as it is ultra-light. The perks don’t just end here! The face serum by The Moms Co. is completely natural and free from toxins like Parabens, SLS, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances and chemicals which makes it a must-have for your face care regime.
Turns out it is easy to get a glowing skin naturally, especially when you have a serum with Vitamin C that’s also fortified with Hyaluronic Acid. Now that you know how Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid improve skin health and reduce signs of aging, it’s time to make them a part of your skin care regime!