I remember going to my favorite Italian restaurant & being stuffed to the brim from pasta dishes - BUT I always managed to save room for dessert. My go-to ultimate dessert was always the chocolate molten lava cake.
This is a decadent dessert that looks innocent on the outside - but sinful on the inside. As you crock the outer layer, a warm flowing stream of chocolate sauce spills out like lava from a volcanic eruption.
You do not need to spend $15 on dessert, nor do you have to go to a fancy Italian restaurant to enjoy this recipe - all you need is a slow-cooker & you will be diving into this dessert in no time!
- 2 C. Brown Sugar
- 2 C. All-purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Milk
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Semisweet chocolate chips.
Molten Lava Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 C. Boiling Water
1) Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in your crock pot. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla until combined. Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the crock.
2) Mix together the brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle mixture over the cake batter.
3) Pour the boiling water over the top. DO NOT STIR!
4) Cover and cook on High for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
5) Turn off heat, and remove lid. Let sit approx. 20 minutes before serving, so its still warm and liquid.
6) Serve with your favorite ice-cream or top with fresh fruit!