Chik-fil-a is hands down one of the best fast food chains known in the south!
What's worse for people who live near a Chik-fil-A is that this chain doesn't open on Sundays - which is so sad because that's when we all crave it the most!
So for those who want this delciousness on Sundays or for those who live in the north and have not experienced the crunchy, southern bits of chicken -- you're in luck!
*For the sauce:
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. mustard (regular prepared yellow mustard)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*For the nuggets:
- 8 chicken tenderloins or 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Peanut oil or canola oil for frying
1) In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, mix well, and set aside or pop in the fridge.
2) In a large dutch oven or stockpot, heat up the oil over medium high heat to 375 degrees
While the oil is heating, in a gallon ziploc bag, combine flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Seal it and shake to combine well.
3) Throw the chicken bites into the ziploc bag, close it, and shake til all are coated well.
4) Using a slotted spoon, fish out the nuggets and shake off excess flour and place on a clean plate.
5) Before you start frying, prepare a plate by lining sheets of paper towels to drain the nuggets after frying.
6) When ready, place about 10-12 nuggets in the oil and let cook for about 5 minutes
7) Remove nuggets from oil with a spider strainer or slotted spoon and set on lined plate to drain. Continue until all nuggets have been cooked.
8) Serve hot with dipping sauce and/or ketchup.