Sweet mashed potatoes can be overly sweet - BUT here's an awesome recipe that contradicts everything you THINK you know about sweet mashed potatoes.
This recipe infuses sage and garlic to create a savory, yet subtle sweet mashed potato!
Try it and see for yourself - but this is sure to become a mainstay dish!
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cream
1) Peel sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks
Place in crock and cover with water
2) Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until potatoes are fork tender
Drain water and return potatoes to crock
3) Add butter, salt, sage and garlic powder and a small amount of the cream
4) Beat with a hand mixer and slowly add the rest of the cream as you mix until they are to your desired consistency