Going to IKEA entails going to the food court - that's for sure! IKEA offers some of the best deals for meals, including its signature dish, Swedish meatballs.
It's just a shame that IKEA does not have too many locations. But on the bright side, here's a recipe that will not have you missing out!
- 1 bag party-size meatballs
- 1 box beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Drizzle a little olive oil into your saute pan and set on medium heat. Saute frozen meatballs for 7-9 minutes. You want to brown the outside of the meatballs. Once outside of meatballs are browned, remove from pan and set aside.
2) Next add butter and flour to saute pan. Cook flour for 2-3 minutes. Then whisk in 3/4 of a box of beef stock into your pan. Scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of your saute pan. Whisk to incorporate all of the flour and butter mixture into the stock. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and salt and pepper, to taste. Turn up heat to medium-high.
3) Bring gravy to boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until gravy reaches desired consistency.
4) While gravy is cooking, microwave your meatballs so they are cooked through.
5) Once meatballs are cooked, return them to the saute pan and coat with gravy.