Cheesecake - so velvety and smooth! It just melts in your mouth.
BUT - this is not your ordinary cheesecake. This one is crazily identical to the one from The Cheesecake Factory - yet from the convenience of your home!
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 eggs
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Make crust by combining the graham crackers with the butter and 1 tbs sugar.
3) Stir so that all is coated with butter, but keep it crumbly. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about half way up the side of an 8 inch springform pan. You don't want the crust to form all the way up the back of the cheesecake slices.
4) Bake for 5 minutes and set aside until you are ready to fill. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese and blend with electric mixer until smooth.
5) Add lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
6) Pour the filling into the pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. If you notice top of cake turning light brown, cheesecake is done. Remove from oven and cool.
7) When cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, put it into the refrigerator. Once cheesecake has chilled, remove the pan sides and cut cake.
8) Serve !