- 1 pound Italian loaf, slightly stale
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1) Cut bread into 1 - 2 inch cubes. If bread is fresh then toast cut bread for 3-4 minutes in a single layer on baking sheet at 400 degrees.
2) Spray crock with nonstick spray
3) Place bread in crock and if you are using less than a 5 quart you will want to squish it down to make sure it all fits
In mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix well
4) Pour evenly over bread making sure it's all coated
5) Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 until eggs are fully cooked.
6) Serve with salted caramel sauce