- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
2) Place the chicken in the slow cooker along with the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, sage and thyme.
3) Add the chicken stock and water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4) Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a plate or cutting board.
5) Turn the slow cooker to high and add the egg noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken using 2 forks.
6) Once the noodles are cooked, return the chicken to the slow cooker along with the cream, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.