Peanut butter, banana, and jelly is a classic combination. The saltiness from the peanut butter, the tang from the jelly, and the sweet mushy texture of the banana just harmonizes.
Kids love this recipe, and grownups alike! It brings back memories and a sense of nostalgia while staying true to it's wholesome ingredients.
Perfect for breakfast or on-the-go snacks - this recipe is convenient and nutritious (:
- 3 ripe banana’s, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick or rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all natural, no sugar added
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 16 teaspoons all natural jelly, no sugar added
- optional: chopped peanuts
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix bananas, egg and vanilla. In a large bowl mix together oats, stevia, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
2) In a microwavable bowl add peanut butter and heat 45 seconds until melted.
3) Combine banana mixture, peanut butter and water into dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4) Spray a muffin tin or use silicone muffin cups and pour batter into each muffin cup. Using a spoon, make a small well in each muffin. Place 1 teaspoon of jelly into each muffin cup. Top with peanuts if desired.
5) Bake 40 minutes. Let cool on wire wrack for 15 minutes then remove to finish cooling on wire rack.
6) Bake only 30 minutes if not using jelly in center.