What's better than chili and cornbread?
Oh..when chili is stuffed INTO the cornbread :P
The cornbread is soft and crunchy on the outside, while the chili brings a savory richness to the whole dish!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated or cane sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup prepared chili
1) Preheat the oven to 375˚F and thoroughly grease a muffin tin.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar, and stir until combined. Add the eggs and buttermilk, and mix well.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir, just until combined.
4) Scoop 1–2 tablespoons of the batter into the muffin tin. Add a tablespoon or so of the chili and top with more cornbread batter, covering the chili.
5) Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.