- 12 very thin slices firm white bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each dried thyme and dried parsley leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cups diced chilled Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chilled Caesar salad dressing
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cut bread slices into 4 inch squares, removing crusts. Lightly brush both sides of bread squares with butter. Mix together the garlic and herbs and sprinkle over both sides of bread squares.
3) Using a 12-cup muffin pan, press one bread slice into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly. Edges of bread squares will stick up slightly out of muffin cups.
4) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp, watching closely so as not to burn. Remove from oven and let cool.
5) Toss lettuce with Caesar dressing and then spoon into bread cups. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on tops.