Chocolate + Coffee = <3
But honestly, who does NOT like this combination?
Muffin trays aren't just meant for baking. On the contrary, portioned sized can be frozen for later use as well~
How convenient (:
- 3 cups strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate hemp protein or other protein powder of choice
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted dried dates, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Place coffee, bananas, protein powder, almonds, dates, extract and cinnamon and in a blender container. Turn blender onto its low setting and process for 20 seconds. Switch to the high setting and blend until dates and almonds are pulverized, about 1 minute.
2) Divide mixture among 12 medium sized muffin cups. Place trays in the freezer and freeze until solid. Unmold coffee cups and store in the freezer in a zip-top bag.
3) When it comes time to make a smoothie, simply place a couple of frozen coffee cups in a blender along with about 1 1/2 cups liquid (I use 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water) and blend until smooth.